It's Mina's World, we just live in it

Monday, June 11, 2007

CICADAS, CICADAS EVERYWHERE!!!!!


Ok, so I admit the fact that these literal "buggers" don't hurt you. But I found myself reduced to "a girl" when they were swarming around today! I got the heebie jeebies really badly while I was out strolling with Mina today. I feel really ashamed considering that last wednesday, we went out along with her speech therapist, and the therapist had no qualms about picking one up and putting it on Mina's stroller tray. Of course, my little girl could care less! She was more interested in looking around and having the wind blow her in her face while her tongue was out to taste it (the wind, that is! Tasting cicadas is more of our dog, Cletus' thing....YECH!!!) So my mother, who had no problems with insects, would be mortified to see her daughter do such a girly, girly thing as running from harmless locusts. Sigh! Sorry Mom!

Meanwhile, if you'd like to hear what we hear all of the time down our street, go to www.dropshots.com/Minasmom

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 02 July, 2007 15:35, Blogger Michelle said...

I just came across your blog today! Mind if I add you to my list? Give Mina hugs from Kayla!

 
At 07 July, 2007 17:14, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Julie, I tagged you, that means you'll have to give a mina update too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home